Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Case #3, part 1

Okay, so I'm almost done with case #3, creating multiplane backdrops in different scenes.
I'm not quite sure how I'm going to implement it, seeing as the case specifies that the scenes are to be connected somehow. As of now, I just have 3 buttons at the top of the screen that lets you jump between scenes, which you can then freely move around in.
Whether or not it will remain that way, I have not decided.

Images and the interactive swf will follow.

As for the story, it now has a name. It shall be called "Tiny Ninja's Awesome Adventure", with a japanese translation as follows: "Koninja-sama no Daibõken", or in english: "The Great Adventure of the Honourable Little Ninja".

I STILL haven't quite decided on the specifics, but time is running out, and I'm going to have to shift gears abit on this.
You, playing as the titular Tiny Ninja (who probably will end up having a totally rad and cool name), will start in a forest, knowing only that all your elder comrades have failed their contracts to assassinate the evil emperor (who also will end up with a rad name). They are all dead or captured, and it is now up to you to finish the job. Be it for the good of the land, your own financial health, or just for shits and giggles, is up to you.

Being a young ninja, your training is obviously not complete, and you will (probably) gain a small amount of experience on your travels. Alternately, you will find hidden scrolls which contain secret ninja techniques. Either way, this will lead to you, the ninja, obtaining new skills with which to maul, slaughter and otherwise annihilate anyone who would keep you from your task, not to mention your target itself. Rest assured, you will (probably) need all the help you can get to assassinate the emperor. Probably. Also, there might be hot chicks locked up in that castle, who knows?

The plan is to have swordfighting as the basic foundation of the combat system, with as much inspiration as possible from Muramasa: The Demon Blade, and to then add on swordfighting moves through either levelup or hidden scrolls (or both), and some other techniques like shurikens and maybe some sneaky ninja "magic". (smoke bombs, etc.)

There's a lot of stuff I want to implement, and not nearly enough time to get it all in there, so we'll see how it goes. I've yet to design a single enemy or npc, not to mention animate them, and I want several types, depending on the locale. (e.g. samurai warriors in and around the castle, archers on the rooftop, bandits and ronin in the forests and such.)

Hopefully I will have time to do most of it. I might actually have more time than some, as I have kind of jumpstarted the actionscripting, and inadvertently (though probably only partially) completed some of our future cases regarding the scripting. However I reckon I'll spend any extra time on drawing or animation, seeing as drawing is not exactly my forte, or possibly on assisting fellow students with actionscripting, should they require it, and I be able to.

Thats all for now. As previously mentioned, I will upload the swf, and link or embed it in a future post, so you can take a look at the project.

So.. yeah. Later.
meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment