Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Case #1

Our main assignment this fall is to create an interactive experience in flash, and our first case is to design a main character for this project.
I've been playing around with different concepts, but eventually decided on a tiny "Chibi"-like ninja.

I haven't quite gotten around to creating a backstory and a main concept yet, but I've decided I'm going to make a basic sidescrolling action game with platforming elements.

It will most likely be set in a setting similar to feudal Japan, with as many stylized elements as I manage to create. We'll see how it all turns out in the end, I guess..

In any case, we were told to document our progress with sketches, so here are some of my little ninja:
Everything is drawn in flash using vectors

Banzai!

I haven't yet decided if I'm going to create a more detailed body with proper limbs, but I kind of want to. If there is time, I might fix him up abit. :)

Backstory and game concept will follow when I get it figured out. Currently, my concept is that the ninja will be the main character, and he will be adventuring through the Japanese countryside, through various areas, hunting for hidden scrolls containing secret ninja techniques.
It might not be the most original concept there is, but I figure it's a solid formula. The end goal might be to defeat an evil overlord that has captured a young girl, just to make it as original as possible. :D

More sketches and story to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment